Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gondor Pt 3

So its been a few days since I posted any new hobby stuff.  This is partially due to the release of the new expansion for Skyrim, Dragonborn.  Like I've mentioned in the past, I'm a huge gamer, especially when it comes to computer RPG's, and I can literally play an entire day in Skyrim without even realizing it.

This weekend though, I managed to get my first warband of Minas Tirith done.  I must admit, I really didn't enjoy painting these guys.  I think its due to the fact that painting figures that all look alike is rather boring.  I also had some issues with pinning them to my custom bases due to my inexperienced.  Anyways, here they are....

 
The group with the captain
Top view of group with the captain
Captain of Minis Tirith




Overall, I think they turned out pretty good, considering they had been stripped and repainted.  I think I'll do another 2 warbands of these guys, probably with less archers since I have a bunch of rangers that are far better with bows than these guys.  I also want to get to boxes of Gondor cavalry to round out of the force along with King Aragorn as my heavy hitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment