Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gondor Pt 5

So over the past week I had some time off due to it being extremely slow at work, so I've been cranking out my Gondor Army rather quickly, and I'm at about 600 points now.  Here's what I've been up to....

Here is a WIP of the Rangers I was working on
Here is the finished product with Damrod in the lead

Knowing what I know now, white was probably not the best primer to use since it took many layers to just get the dark base of the cloaks to show thru.  Live and learn.

8 Warriors of the Dead

I was a little hesitant about including these guys, but after facing them many times in battle, I knew no Gondorian army would be complete without a contingency of them.  Unfortunately, the King of the Dead hasn't come in the mail yet, so they remain leaderless (and unplayable) till he gets in.  I was able to crank out these 8 in one sitting and the paint scheme I used was a little more complex than I thought it'd be since I used a Shadow Grey basecoat.  The blonde beards was a bit bright to my liking, so I after I painted and highlighted them, I washed it with a green wash giving it a diluted color.




And the backbone of any Gondor/Minas Tirith army would not be complete without a bunch of these guys.  So far, we got 27 regular troops and 2 captains.  I still have a bunch more to do, and I'll hopefully get to them in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment