Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gondor Pt 7

The reaper flow improver got here at the end of last week so I was able to get to work again.  In the meantime, I ended up casting another 50 bases in which I promptly painted along with cleaning the next 35 Minas Tirith guys along with priming and getting them set for pinning.


I accidentally broke 2 of them while pin prepping, so the counts at 33



and I managed to finish up the rest of the Ranger warband, so now we're at an even 12.

The newest additions
and all together with Damrod

and I wasn't sure if I was going to post him since he didn't turn out all that great, but I tried to paint Faramir without any flow improver, and it didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted it, but without further adu, Faramir from the Heroes of the West boxset.

I think for tabletop standard, hes not bad.... but nothing I'm that proud of.
I'd blame it on the sculpt, but it wasn't that bad.  For some reason, I've become dependent of flow improver and I had a rough time with just using water for anything other than base coating.  It's something I'm going to need to work on in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Still looks way better than anything I could do.

    ReplyDelete