Friday, March 1, 2013


After my last blog, I was going to immediately return to my Men of Minas Tirith to finished the original 40 some odd guys I had left to paint, but unfortunately that didn't happen.  Instead, after peering into the 3 odd containers filled with simple green, I knew what I had to do.

For those of you who are scratching your heads, I have a confession to make.  I buy tons of miniatures on ebay with an extremely poor paint job for dirt cheap.  I strip them off paint using simple green, then paint them up to the best of my abilities.  Some people will only use this method with pewter/metal.  Unfortunately, I'm extremely cheap and will even do plastic.  Also, being the lazy ass that I am, I usually dump a lot of 50 of them in a batch of simple green and forget about them for months on end.  Anyway, here's the latest.....

Yup, there is about 100 mini's in there, including metal trolls and camels

I think I ended up pulling 50 warriors of rohan from this tub

and here is a few of them cleaned as best as possible

And in one of the cheap lots I bought included a Mumak (giagantic elephant) which I proceded to rip apart and strip.

So I spent about 3 nights stripping paint off and I'm happy to report that I have officially stripped everything that needed to be stripped.  Also on a side note, the King of the Dead finally arrived which I was able to promptly paint in under an hour.

Yay!!!! I don't have to use an unpainted Warrior of the Dead as a proxy anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment