Thursday, April 6, 2017

Some Heavy Konflikt 47' Infantry

I have to say, as time goes on I'm liking Warlord Games more and more as a company.  I dig Bolt Action.  I think the rules system is top notch and the dice pulling mechanic was genius.  My only issue with the game is that the WWII setting only gives you so many options.  Granted, tons of innovation took place.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I miss the fantasy aspect.  I dig rail guns and crazy ass creatures and whatnot.  That's not to say I don't enjoy a good historical game or even Bolt Action for that thought.

Enter Konflikt 47'.....  a game where we speed up the time line to an alternate 1947', add crazy rift technology due to the Manhattan Project opening up some inter-dimension portal, and let the super powers duke it out.  The concept of this game is awesome, so awesome that I couldn't pass it up.  The game pretty much runs off of the Bolt Action V1.0 rules with some minor rules added for flavor.  The cool thing about this is they added new Konflikt 47' specific units, but basically you can augment your normal Bolt Action forces into the game.  Kind of like a hybrid game allowing you to play two different games with your normal Bolt Action forces.

So I signed up for Konflikt 47' tournament at Adepticon 2017, and got to work on the new units.  I want to start with some heavy infantry.  Check them out..



This unit of 8 comprises the box set you can get from Warlord Games.  They were very easy to paint as they're mainly tan with some edge highlighting.  The arms and guns were a little fiddly, but with enough superglue they become workable.  So there is my German Heavy Infantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment