Sunday, June 23, 2013

An Ambitious Project Pt 2

I did a little research over the weekend, and came to the conclusion that there really isn't a whole lot of examples of hunter orcs floating around on the inter-webz.  Well, maybe there are a few examples, but nothing that really tickled my fancy.  There's a ton of detail on these new models, and its hard to get a feel of what colors to use, hence the reasoning I keep putting this project off.

Anyhew, after that, I decided to do some of my own experiments.  Take note that these are WIP pics.... so nothing has been set in stone yet.

The yellow ones in the back were based with Averland Sunset, and then washed with Seraphim Sepia (against my better judgement).  For some reason, anytime I've ever used a Sepia wash, I get a terrible sheen on the models after it dries.  Oddly, for some strange reason, I can't continue painting without dulling that sheen with some form of Matt.

The ones in the middle were based with Skrag Brown and then washed with Agrax Earthshade (brown).

The ones in the front based with Waaagh! Flesh  and then washed with Biel-Tan Green.  I decided to go with a classic orc tone on some of these because when I think orc, I think green.

I decided to paint one of the yellow ones up to see how the skin color would look with other colors, and so far its pretty decent.  Its definitely going to need strong coat of anti-shine matt, but for a trial fig, it looks good.

If anyone has any tips or knows of any webpages that has good tutorials on the hunter orcs, please link to it in the comments section.  If none exists, I might just make my own.

1 comment: