Monday, February 3, 2014

Another box of Dwarves of Erebor

As the title to this entry would suggest, this is my latest work on "The Army of Thror".  This entry is also going to be laden thick with pictures due to the fact that I built a light box.  Yep, masking tape and foam board being used to it's ultimate purpose (you know, instead of its intended bought purpose as for making ruined buildings).  Well, lets take a gander at what ole' Dave has painted up this time....



































 See?  More Dwarves...... yay.....  As you couldn't tell, I'm ready to move on to another project/army.  Dedication, gotta love it.  That puts my total up to 3 boxes of Warriors of Erebor, 1 box of Grim Hammers, 1 Captain of Erebor, 1 Grim Hammer Captain, Thrain, Young Thorin, Young Balin, and Young Dwalin completed.  So we got 1 box of Grim Hammers, 1 box of Warriors of Erebor, and the mighty King Thror to lead this mighty battlehost.  As far of my Adepticon 2014 army goes, we're done, complete, finished, the fat lady has sung, blah blah blah.

I also noticed I never posted my brighter pictures of Thrain here, so we're going to rectify that.













He's rockin The Rock's "The People's Eyebrow"



Hopefully my latest work wasn't disappointing.  I think tomorrow we'll crack open the Grim Hammer box and get crankin' on those guys.  Bolster my two handed hammer ranks a bit.  Let me know if the light-box was a good idea.  I'm going to take some full army pictures when King Thror and the rest of the Erebor army is completed.

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. I really like the effect the photobox had. you should take a picture of your rig for the rest of us to steal your idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incoming blog post concerning the light box (probably) tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Very well painted dwarwes!

    The light box was almost depressingly good - now I know I HAVE to make the effort to make one, but I am sooo lazy when it comes to these kinds of projects. Please tell me your camera is a super-expensive camera and that there is no point for me, with my compact, tourist-camera to even try it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got bad news my friend.... the camera used for these pictures are actually my Samsung Galaxy s3 phone on HDR mode. So technically with the right plan, it's free.

      As far as the light box goes, I'm going to post some pictures of it this weekend. It took me less than a half an hour to make and looks like a child made it. It actually surprised me by how effective it was, especially with proper lighting on 3 sides.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the lightbox-tutorial! Since I'm moving house anyweek now, I will wait with the construction of said contraption, but it feels a lot more realistic now - it is doable! The joy of the internet :)

      Delete