Friday, January 6, 2017

An update

Hey guys, I know a huge portion of time has passed since I post anything on this blog and I just wanted to give an update on my personal standing in the miniature painting sphere as a whole.

As you can see, I'm still very much alive and functioning.  I have not quit painting, nor have I gone else where to post any work, nor have I slowed down at all.  I've been painting on a regular basis since my last post in late May.

You might be thinking "Well then how come you haven't posted anything here for over half a year?".  Well, I wasn't happy with how the past few updates pictures came out.  I didn't have the space to set up a light box or do anything photography related.  If I don't like something, I'm not going to do it.  It's as simple as that.  We've since moved into a townhouse where I have the room to set up something, but due to projects needing to be completed by a certain time, I just haven't gotten around to it.  I also recently invested in a kickstarter that will be sending me backdrops in February so I've been in this kind of limbo where I want to post pictures and get this blog back up and running, but I also want to wait until I can take professional grade pictures with a cool backdrop.  So more than likely, I'll start posting again in February when I have a good set up.

In the mean time, note that I haven't forgotten about this blog.  I'm planning on being more active here in 2017 than 2016.  The goal is 100 figures this year.  I also want to do a tutorial in the next week or so involving an aspect of figure painting that many people have problems with.... eyes.  I have my own unique way of doing them that will hopefully give a little insight to folks.  I also have 4 projects upcoming that have a time table, so those will be posted as I complete them.

So, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and I look forward to a fruitful year in miniature painting.

- Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment