Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Sigilist

I recently got my back drop mats from a kickstarter I backed a few months ago.  I was playing around with it last night and took a few pictures of some models I've painted in the past few weeks/months.  Since my blog was pretty much dead from May to January, I figure over the next few weeks I'll share what I've been up to.

So up first we have the sigilists from the northstar miniatures line for Frostgrave.  This was the first wizard duo I painted up for this game.  I dig the "battle nun" look and I loved the look of these models in particular.  I tried to go with the same color scheme that northstar went with, and I think I did a fairly decent job.  You be the judge.




I thought about doing some weird "glow" rune effect on the scroll, but decided against it.  I did a little free-hand on the trim of the main coats which turned out pretty good.  I also tried a different skin tone than I normally do.  I went with reapers "rosey skin" triad which was different and I think worked pretty good with the models.

One thing I will say when it comes to northstar, sometimes there molds don't line up and you get face stretching.  What I mean is part of the face gets pulled up and clearly from the box art this shouldn't be the case.  This happened a little bit on the main wizard (the one on the left), which wasn't a big issue on these guys, but I've had a few metal models from them which looked horrible and there was no way to fix it.

Anyways, just a quick update here...

No comments:

Post a Comment