Saturday, October 14, 2017

The Unarmoured Samurai

Blah blah blah it's been awhile blah blah blah.  Yeah yeah, we've all heard the story and we've been down this path many times before with this blog.  Lets skip the half-hearted apologies and get to what this blog is about.  Miniatures....

So nothing too big today.  This guy has been sitting on my desk since I picked up the starter set for Test of Honour during Adepticon 2017.  I looked around the net to see if anyone was showing painted examples of him.  Sadly, I could only find maybe 1 or 2 painted examples of him.  The Warlord's painted version of him was a bit "ehhhh".  The skin was too dark and it killed the entire Japanese look of the model.  I did however really like how they did the robes (kimono?  I dunno), so I basically stole they're color palette for it.  Here's what I got....




I really like how he turned out, and he was a lot of fun to paint.  I got to play with the golden skin triad from Reaper which gives you a pretty authentic Asian skin tone when applied properly.  Like I said earlier, I tried to follow the Warlord color palette (with a few artistic liberties sprinkled here and there), and I think I succeeded.

2 comments:

  1. I think that looks great, skintone and robes alike!

    ReplyDelete