Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Epic Mohawk!!! Yep, Dwalin in his prime

Before we begin today.....


 



Yep, that's right.... the bad ass himself, Young Dwalin in his prime.  The fact that his epic mohawk only got about 3.2 seconds of movie time is a crime in itself, but I digress.

Instead of complaining about non-sense, I'll show you guys what I've been up to the past 2 nights.  Painting this bad ass of course.....













This has to be one of my favorite sculpts in "The Hobbit" miniature line to date.  With that being said, he was a pain to paint.  Oh, I had a blast painting him, but all the little details were incredibly difficult to paint.  I had to do such an awesome sculpt, so I think I spent 2 nights (full nights mind you) painting this bad-ass.  You might be asking yourself "Dave, what the hell is that green rock thing by his feet?".  Well, lets take a closer look shall we?






With Dwalin being such an epic hero, I had to give him something a little extra to the base.   I had a few hunter orc heads laying around, and this seemed to be a fitting use of one of them.  All in all, I think it really compliments the piece, plus I got to use my favorite technical paint... "Blood for the Blood God".  If you haven't used it yet, I highly recommend it for anything bloody.  I love the globular pooling affect right where his severed neck is.

I think he turned out pretty good.  I accidentally cleaned the scar on his face.  Whenever I'm dealing with finecast, I go nuts with cleaning.  I think not having that scar gives him more of my personal touch.  Let me know what you think!



1 comment: