Friday, November 8, 2013

Mordor Shaman

I've spent most of this week getting ready for this tournament tomorrow.  Well, that and more overtime at work, but that's besides the point.  The week has flown by rather fast.  Bilbo's Birthday Bash 2013 just in case anyone is curious about the tournament I'm talking about.  I spent a good portion after work getting my lists legible and I'm about to go and start packing my stuff up.  I still got to throw a shield on Faramir, but that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Anyway, I'm sure anyone visiting my blog would rather see some pictures rather than read my babbling.


A little before action.  I know when I visit peoples blogs, I like to see before pictures and a few WIP.  I should take some WIP pics so you can see how I progress.




 


I went for a look a little bit different from what I'm used to seeing with this particular model.  I thought with a black cloak, the entire model looks a bit too dark for my tastes.  I decided to go with a light brown/tan cloak which I spent a lot of time on.  I had issues either not putting enough highlights or putting too many highlights on.  So after going back and forth with it for awhile, I decided to try and go for a more subtle highlighted look, which I think turned out alright.

I'm also trying to make an effort to denote heroes by putting them on rocks, making them tower over other models on the battlefield.  I think this gives them a more heroic look versus the rest of the rabble.  It also helps out on the battlefield.  I've played too many games where it's hard to tell who the heroes are.  The recent example comes to mind when I took on a Minas Tirith army and I couldn't tell the difference between a mounted Faramir and a regular Minas Tirith Knight.  Yeah, it might give my opponents the advantage, but I'd rather just play to play versus playing than win.  The older I get, the less competitive I've become.

If I remember, I'll try to take some pictures this weekend and hopefully get some quality hobby time in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment