Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Bases and the New Shelves

So I was pretty busy yesterday to post anything new.  I managed to cast the mold a couple times, so now I have plenty of bases to paint.

Yep, that is about 50 bases.  I would continue to cast some more, but this is plenty to get me started for the time being.  I just took them to sink a few minutes ago and cleaned the mold release residue off, so now they're ready to be primed and painted.

The new shelves for my case came in today.  Now I must say that I really like the Ikea Detolf glass case, but the problem is that the spaces are too big and they don't nearly give you enough shelves.  For $65 dollars though, its still a good buy.  I didn't want to do any major remodeling to the case, but I didn't want it to look like I "jerry-rigged" something together.  I did a little bit of research and I found these wire rope clamps at Home Depot.  I found that with the 3/32 to 1/8 in, you either get a perfect fit, or it just a hair to snug which you have to bend out so the clamp will go around the bar.

Here is what it looks like...

Personally, I think it looks pretty good.  Trying to measure the correct height on each one was a hassle due to the fact that its a tight fit, but with a little perseverance and trial and error, we got it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment