Sunday, January 27, 2013

Gothic Ruins 2

So I started making the base for the set of gothic ruins I painted up last night.  I'm running out of hardboard, so I'm probably going to have to pick some up after the next set of terrain items I make.  Instead of using 4mm thick plasticard to make the tiles, I just used some heavy cardstock, more specifically remnants from the box of a 12 pack of coke cans.

I actually just ended up super gluing them to the cardboard after I traced where the building was going to sit.  If I was to do this with plasticard, I would still be cutting them out and carving them.  I'm interested in seeing how this effect works.

To add some more detail to the base, I glued plumbers sand around the edges, and added pieces of old sprue to give the building a more dilapidated look.  I also glued some bit of sand, course basing material, and sprue to the tiles themselves to add a bit more texture to it.

 It probably doesn't look like much right now, but after it gets painted, I think it'll turn it pretty good.  I'm going to let it dry overnight since I used PVA glue for most of the sand.  Hopefully I'll start painting it up tomorrow.  In the meantime, I'll probably spend the rest of the night working on my Men of Minas Tirith.

No comments:

Post a Comment